( www.hairweftingtapeforum.com )
Hello and Welcome - Please feel free to join and ask any questions, We are more than happy to help!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and Welcome - Please feel free to join and ask any questions, We are more than happy to help!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tape Hair Extension question

4 posters

Go down

Tape Hair Extension  question Empty Tape Hair Extension question

Post by vic Sat 26 Jun 2010, 7:47 am

Hi Everyone, I am hoping you can help me.
I have done a few peoples tape hair extensions and have found that after 2-3 weeks, they are starting to break down and lose hair.
The glue that is sandwiching the 2 wefts is perfect and not moving. It is actually the backing that is on the outside that seems to be breaking down.
They are only using mild shampoo and not using any conditioner or anything on the tape, just the ends of the hair. Has anyone else found this?

vic

Back to top Go down

Tape Hair Extension  question Empty Re: Tape Hair Extension question

Post by Hair Wefting Tape.com Sat 26 Jun 2010, 2:11 pm

Hello Vic,
and welcome, let me ask
What kind of tape are you using ?
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Admin

http://hairweftingtape.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vic Sat 26 Jun 2010, 9:06 pm

The tape is 3M, it is holding to the person's hair. It is the hair weft that is falling apart.

vic

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair Wefting Tape.com Sat 26 Jun 2010, 10:37 pm

I am sorry your 3M tape is not holding up, I wish I could be more helpful but I have never tried 3 m tape, but I do no that 3m tape is a 1-2 day hold.
but I do know most if not all the girls here that use our hair wefting tape do not have this problem and with that said you should really give own hair wefting tape a try, I myself use and wear this tape and I will never use another tape because it holds not only for machine wefted hair
but bulk/loose /seamless hair if you learn how to make it with our tape that is,
but put it this way, many many customers are  really loving the long lasting hold
with out any break down of our tape, You can learn and see how to make your own seamless hair weft extensions here
http://hairweftingtape.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=8
Also you can buy it here
http://hairweftingtape.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=36
I really think if you try this tape you will not ever go back to another tape for hair extension tape installs..
well I hope I helped you a little feel free to ask more questions as I am happy to help.

Last edited by Hair Wefting Tape.com on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by vic Sun 27 Jun 2010, 5:24 am

Hi, Thanks for your reply.
I am not sure how to explain it. But the 3M tape is great, no problems with that.
It is the weft that the tape gets attatched to that is falling apart. Does that make sense?
The weft looks like it is made from silicon.

vic

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair Wefting Tape.com Sun 27 Jun 2010, 2:25 pm

oh well if its the weft that is falling apart, that's because it came from china and you ended up with a bad hair extension..

But if you want to keep the hair extensions and just cut off that weft, then you can use our tape and learn our method
and make your hair extension wefts this way, This is how I wear my wefts, I cut that bump right off my head and have
flat to my head extensions and just so you understand this weft will last longer then the hair most of the time.

again you can purchase the tape here http://hairweftingtape.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=36 and the
and or make your own ..for free see how to make your own hair extensions here
http://hairweftingtape.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=8&chapter=0

I will never go back to wearing machine made wefted hair extensions or hand tied hair extensions
because there really is no reason to pay for that extra lump and the beard hair that is always bothersome.
we sell a lot of our tape to cosmetologist who love using our tape because it doesn't fall apart and you do
not have to take the tape off the weft ever, you can just trim it down to keep it flat and re- tape the weft
and go!

Well I hope I helped

Last edited by Hair Wefting Tape.com on Thu 18 Jun 2015, 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KareBear41486 Sat 25 Dec 2010, 4:28 pm

I am still confused...It seems like this is one of the big secrets/wonderful qualities about this method, but I am curious as to HOW the actual weft holds up if it is made out of the same materials that are used to attach the wefts to your hair...wouldn't the weft break down with removal just as the attachment tape does? And how do you get the old tape off of the weft without breaking down the weft? I have some AWESOME brazilian hair from Mane Depot, and I pre-tipped it all thinking that I wanted to do microlinks. Well, I put some in the bottom rows and Im just not loving the method because it doesn't give me the volume I was after. So, I basically want to use your method to make bulk wefts by cutting off the pretips. BUT, i want to make sure that I will be able to use this hair for a VERY long time since it is good quality hair and expansive! Smile

Thanks!

KareBear41486

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair Wefting Tape.com Sat 25 Dec 2010, 5:46 pm

KareBear41486 wrote:I am still confused...It seems like this is one of the big secrets/wonderful qualities about this method, but I am curious as to HOW the actual weft holds up if it is made out of the same materials that are used to attach the wefts to your hair...wouldn't the weft break down with removal just as the attachment tape does? And how do you get the old tape off of the weft without breaking down the weft? I have some AWESOME brazilian hair from Mane Depot, and I pre-tipped it all thinking that I wanted to do microlinks. Well, I put some in the bottom rows and Im just not loving the method because it doesn't give me the volume I was after. So, I basically want to use your method to make bulk wefts by cutting off the pretips. BUT, i want to make sure that I will be able to use this hair for a VERY long time since it is good quality hair and expansive! Smile

Thanks!
There are 2 different materials that are used to make your wefts and no the wefts will not brake down when you remove them, because of the way they are made and because of the specialty tape used in this method, so there is no need to remove or acid bath your wefts ever again un-like the old way when you use pro-flex/ air-flex tape or super tape, with all these tapes you have to remove them and tha'ts just a big messy take down, with our hair wefting tape you can just trim your weft down on removal and add a new piece of hair wefting tape and this way they stay flat to your head, and you can use and wear your bulk hair wefts or already machine wefted hair extensions for as long as you like. oh and I love this method because it gives me a ton of volume and then I add tips on my very top row because I love the movement of tipped in hair, but I only wear maybe 15 tips in total, but I love my flat to my head, bulk hair wefts for my length and volume, really I get a full head install but with a lot less lumps and bumps!. I really love it!
Its a pretty great method.
ok hope that helps. Tape Hair Extension  question 79846
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KareBear41486 Sat 25 Dec 2010, 6:01 pm

Yes, that helps! Thanks a lot! Smile

KareBear41486

Back to top Go down

Post by Anya Thu 17 Feb 2011, 6:17 pm

3M tape is great for a shorter hold time, but wont hold up for a full install. If you want longer hold u need to use a diff tape. I would recommend 3M for someone just wanting to try tapes but not sure they want to stick w/that method. I wouldnt recommend them for a reg installs. It has a shorter hold time than reg wefted tapes.

Anya

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair Wefting Tape.com Thu 17 Feb 2011, 6:57 pm

That's right Anya -3m tape is not a long holding tape its just not a great tape at all and its not skin safe, or hypoallergenic tape just so you know.

That's why
our Hair wefting tape
You can buy it here ( http://hairweftingtape.com/ )
Our tape has been
aggressively tested and manufactured as a skin safe and hypoallergenic tape. It's the best tape ever.
It's outside has a non-shine matte finish.

THIS IS WHY OUR HAIR EXTENSION TAPE IS

• Most Preferred hair extension tape to use over a machine weft and to make and wear your own bulk hair weft extensions.
  • Hair wefting tape was made to have a longer stronger hold.
  • We sell all over the world and our customers are more than happy our hair wefting tape and they love there install holding like cray
  • with out damage
  • Here's a big tip. I you use the Liquid Gold Glue like I do to the outside of your tape like I do, you can be sure your not going to ever have any hair sliding out because of junk hair tape, I can swim and wash my hair everyday! with this hair wefting tape. It Rocks!
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down