( www.hairweftingtapeforum.com )
Hello and Welcome - Please feel free to join and ask any questions, We are more than happy to help!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and Welcome - Please feel free to join and ask any questions, We are more than happy to help!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with Keratin Bonds

2 posters

Go down

Problem with Keratin Bonds Empty Problem with Keratin Bonds

Post by psmuckers Sun 25 Sep 2011, 3:31 pm

I did my first install of Keratin U-tip extensions and some of them were extensions that I melted Keratin tips to old extensions after melting the glue from the old extensions. I applied the extensions and thought everything was okay other than not looking too pretty, but then after one shower I realized I had problems. I had extensions before so I know all the after care so that's not the problem. After they got wet, they seemed to break down and when they dried (blow dryer on a cool setting) they were soft and feel kind of like paper and most of them would slide off really easy if I tugged on them lightly.

Did I heat the glue too hot? Hold the tool to the glue/ my hair too long? Not long enough? Should of removed the old glue? Oh please help me!!!!! I'm determined to learn how to do this! I thought I gathered all the info but apparently not..... I know thats why there are professionals that are trained to do this but I simply don't have the money. I did use a professional the first time and didn't have a good outcome (the fell out right away and lost over half of them within a month) so I'm wanting to just do it on my own. I have a thyroid disease that has left my hair thin and I just loved feeling like my old self with a full head of hair again.

Messed up once.... eager to try again and again til I get this right!
Kimberly

psmuckers

Back to top Go down

Problem with Keratin Bonds Empty Re: Problem with Keratin Bonds

Post by Hair Wefting Tape.com Sun 25 Sep 2011, 3:51 pm

Hello Kimberly
And wow sounds like a lot of work that didn’t work out so sorry to hear that, but I think just by reading this that if you used old keratin glue with out cutting the old glue off that it can be a problem and if you don’t have really good Keratin tip bead or pellets to start with then you can do a whole install and it can brake down in a few showers and again you have to start all over, sounds like that might have happened to you.. let me ask have you tried taped in hair extensions ? why I ask is you can add a few wefts on the lower part of your head and then only add a few tips in for layering and movement and I think you would have a really great install and not have to worry so much about all the tips falling out.
I do this myself most of the time and I have very thin fine hair, also I should say you should be very careful using tips as a whole install because to be honest you can loose a lot of hair this way - via brakeage - I think I have lost more hair from tips then any method out there ,,sorry to say that but just being honest,.. and so in short FOR SURE remover all the old glue off your u-tips never re use old glue it just wont hold, and then buy only good KG that you like then you wont have this type of problem, well I hope this helps.. + I am not sure how long your holding your tipping iron on that glue when your adding your tips. I have seen girls hold it on wayyyyyyyyyy to long braking down the glue,melting it off really -so with that said you should only be heating up on the tip and hair on your head maybe holding it there for 2-3 seconds and then roll,, just a thought I would throw in there...

oh and I have heard that donnabella keratin tips don’t brake down very easy and really maybe hard to get out unless you buy there remover but you might try those if you really want to wear tips only ...if you want to find your own hair extenisons then add our hair extension tape this is the best tape on the market today ! check out ..http://hairweftingtape.com/
Good luck hope this helps..
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Admin

http://hairweftingtape.com

Back to top Go down

Post by psmuckers Sun 25 Sep 2011, 5:36 pm

Thank you soooo much!!!!! I hate to have to redo all the work over again, but then again this is how we learn so I take it as a lesson learned. I used Vision Keratin Rebond Tips and used my tool to melt the old glue (flatten the old extension) and pellets from Sally's to add more glue to the tip and after that cooled melted the Keratin to the new tip. I may have held the iron on a little too long for some of the extensions that felt hollow when I rolled them (that should have been a bad sign right away). I have never thought of taping and think you have a very good point there! I'm definitely going to go that route this next time along with removing all old glue first. I will also check out the Donnabella Keratin tips for the extensions that I put on the top. I do know that I have lost quite a bit of hair from the extensions but when deciding which was worse...... I felt that I at least felt prettier with the extensions then I had for a very long time so I thought I'd give it another try and see where I ended up. I was trying to let the extensions fall out on their own rather than using remover thinking I was preventing even more damage (maybe that was just mental false thinking on my part but it made me feel better about it).

I will let you know how my second attempt turns out. Thanks again for your help! I'm excited to see how this time goes!

psmuckers

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair Wefting Tape.com Sun 25 Sep 2011, 6:12 pm

Your so welcome and I really think Sally's glue from what I have heard is not great to start with and there hair is the worse lol so your best to search on this board to find better hair extensions to wear or just email me here -- i@reallyloveit.com and I will help you find the best hair for you and also its never a good idea to let these tips hang /grow out ever-- this will for sure damage your hair as these tips are on a very small amount of hair and as you wash -brush and as it hangs it will just brake off as time goes on, I know that its cheaper and less hassle to just leave them but in the long run you will just brake off hair and will never be able to grow your own hair out healthy....well good luck on your hair extension venture as we all have to start somewhere and learn as we go to find what works best for you.. Have a great Hair day! :lipstick:
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Admin

http://hairweftingtape.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down