( www.hairweftingtapeforum.com )
Hello and Welcome - Please feel free to join and ask any questions, We are more than happy to help!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and Welcome - Please feel free to join and ask any questions, We are more than happy to help!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need help! My Hair addictions- tape is peeling ?

2 posters

Go down

I need help! My Hair addictions- tape is peeling ? Empty I need help! My Hair addictions- tape is peeling ?

Post by ap0320 Mon 14 Feb 2011, 3:36 pm

hi! i hope someone can help me! i have been frantic googling to figure out what the problem is!
i have the tape extentions in my hair. i LOVE them!!! i never want short hair again! but.....the tape is peeling and slipping. (i have in Hair addictions)
from reading things on line, i THINK i figured out the problem. the stylist that put them in shampooed and conditioned my hair before putting them in and also, she colored the extentions and just RINSED them out. no shampoo. could that be the reason they are peeling apart after 2 weeks?! i have lost 2 so far and feel 2 more that are peeling. is that normal to lose a few? maybe im being too picky? do i need to try diff. tape?
thanks! and HELP!

ap0320

Back to top Go down

I need help! My Hair addictions- tape is peeling ? Empty Re: I need help! My Hair addictions- tape is peeling ?

Post by Hair Wefting Tape.com Mon 14 Feb 2011, 3:52 pm

Hello Apo320,
Sorry to hear your tape is slipping, but I hear this pretty much everyday about Hair Addiction hair extensions, I think the tape they use is pretty much JUNK sorry to say that but its true and I would suggest that you do a take down and try different tapes, Sometimes its just the tape itself no matter what type, will not stay in no matter what you do.

I love our Hairweftingtape, you can check it out here.. http://hairweftingtape.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5_6&products_id=58

Most people - Men and woman can use our tape and it will stay in for weeks on end, with no problems..Most sandwich there tapes and this helps there holding for a long time, I don't sandwich my own hair as I have very thin fine hair and need all of mine so I myself love using Liquid gold glue,with my tape installs, because I work out everyday and wash my hair everyday, and I shampoo and I love long conditioning so I LOVE THE EXTRA Support I get with the glue,
but everyone is different in what they like to use.

I would suggest for now to get a Hair extension glue of your choice, and do a take down and add it to the tape to your hair and then I would hope you will not have any slippage..
But you have to try different tapes to see what works best for you.

Also with our tape you can dye your hair shampoo and condition and for most the tape stays put.. Good luck. Ap0320 I hope this helps you a little today..
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Admin

http://hairweftingtape.com

Back to top Go down

I need help! My Hair addictions- tape is peeling ? Empty Re: I need help! My Hair addictions- tape is peeling ?

Post by ap0320 Mon 14 Feb 2011, 4:11 pm

ok, i just bought the tape, glue and remover. ill take it to the salon (my friend and also co worker) when she does and take down and re apply. hopefully they stay put next time around! SO glad i work there and they can just stick em back in for me..or id be SOOOO MAAADDD!!!!
thanks for your help Smile ill let ya know how they do!
-Amber

ap0320

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair Wefting Tape.com Mon 14 Feb 2011, 4:15 pm

Great Amber, and I am sure if you add that Lg to the tape, it will stay for a really long time.. good luck and I will make sure your order goes out today!
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ap0320 Mon 14 Feb 2011, 4:27 pm

oh, one more question! how often should or can i wash my hair? i know not to put conditioner on my scalp by the tape, but my hair is on the oily side. does that affect the tape at all?

ap0320

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair Wefting Tape.com Mon 14 Feb 2011, 5:07 pm

Hi amber no problem with any amount of questions I am always happy to help any time.

Because everyone is so different when it comes to tape and how it will hold. You just have to try out different ways to see what works best for you.

I think with the LG glue added to your tape will help you a ton!

Just make sure you use enough glue on the tape, don't just dot it all the way across,Really make sure you really brush that glue on and it should stay put for your whole install.

And when you do a take down -JUST GO SLOW because you have added the LG glue to your wefts, you have to go slow with your take downs.

Other than that,

I THINK really even with oily hair your tapes will stay put and you should be able to wash every other day if you like.
Just try using the shampoos and conditioners by the front piece and test to see if it hold well. Thats the best way to test it out.

Oh and just so you know I PUT CONDITIONER on my scalp right above my tapes just like a normal hair washing..and I have never lost any tapes ever, I love LG that Glue is the bomb for extra holding power.. just do a slow take down, let your remover work don't be in a hurry to remover your wefts and you will be fine..
I HAVE A TON OF removal tips - but when that time comes just ask away before your take down and I will be happy to help you!.
Hope this helps Good luck.
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ap0320 Wed 16 Feb 2011, 2:33 am

i got the tape and glue today!! that was FAST!!! do i just peel and stick? do i need to apply heat to seal the tape?
Thanks! im really excited and hoping this work out well for me!

ap0320

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair Wefting Tape.com Wed 16 Feb 2011, 2:39 am

Hi There and if I were you because you have oily hair - Just wash it really good and dry and yes peal your tape and brush some of the Liquid gold glue on to the tape all the way across and then apply to your head.

Make sure you have a great perfect part and no flying or stay hairs..
and press- press -press and hold for at least a 1/2 min then it should be fine.
and it should not slip or slide out until your ready to do a take down.

ok hope that helps! Good Luck to you!
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ap0320 Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:12 pm

i took the extenisons out, and going to put them back in next week, but there is still sticky tape on the extenion. im trying to get them cleaned and ready go, what is the best way to get all the residue off?
thanks!

ap0320

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair Wefting Tape.com Wed 02 Mar 2011, 9:02 pm

Hi Amber
Well first off you shouldn't need to take the old tape off.

You can wash your extensions and dry them, by using a clip to hold
them then, trim your old tape off, lay a new piece of tape down add
a little Lg glue then lay your weft/taped hair extension that is trimmed down,
back in the tape fold it- then just re-apply! that's it.

If you want try to take the old tape off you can but there really is no need to and a lot of work,
See if you just trim down the weft the best you can. That's all you need to do every time.
This way your weft will always stay nice and flat.
You
can go here to our website that has a link on the main page -its on the
left hand side it says Tips- Tricks- or click here go to the bottom of
the page where it says HOW TO TRIM DOWN Your weft. This is a bulk hair
weft I am trimming but it works the same for wefted
hair.
http://hairweftingtape.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=8&zenid=ec84992a52f926121045deb163cca559

ALSO
If
you want to remove any oils from removers just use -a little baking
soda and a little shampoo make it equal 1/2 of each mix it together then
shampoo your weft / the sticky part and that will clean your extension
and your weft, If you still want a NO stick weft at all just get some 99
% alcohol and dab that on the weft that should help your fingers and
your weft. but make sure you do the RE-Taping as I told you how above/
Ok Hope this helps
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down