( www.hairweftingtapeforum.com )
Hello and Welcome - Please feel free to join and ask any questions, We are more than happy to help!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and Welcome - Please feel free to join and ask any questions, We are more than happy to help!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Machine weft seems too bulky for my thin/fine hair...

2 posters

Go down

Machine weft seems too bulky for my thin/fine hair... Empty Machine weft seems too bulky for my thin/fine hair...

Post by girlsaidwhat Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:20 am

Hi everyone,

I'm completely new to hair extensions.

I experienced quite a bit of hair loss on the top and sides of my head about 5 months ago. It's starting to fill back in, but I still mostly wear hats and am now going to my friend Paige who is a stylist who is going to help me with extensions.

I bought machine weft extensions from Sally today, but am afraid the machine weft is really bulky and I may not be happy with the final result as my hair is so thin and fine.

Can I cut the machine weft off and just use your tape to hold the hair? Do I need to use glue like liquid gold to somehow bond the hair together before doing this? I'm at a loss, and she's installing in two days. I'd like to do whatever prep work might need to be done on my own since she's not charging me and I want to take up as little of her time as possible when I'm there.

And if I do this, will I be able to get the extensions a little closer to my part line and hair line than with that bulky machine weft?

Thanks in advance for any help!

girlsaidwhat

Back to top Go down

Machine weft seems too bulky for my thin/fine hair... Empty Re: Machine weft seems too bulky for my thin/fine hair...

Post by Hair Wefting Tape.com Wed 31 Aug 2011, 12:44 am

Hello Girlssaidwhat
Welcome and Really I would be careful using Sallys hair because most hair extensions from there only last a week or so then it starts to rat up, so you would hate to do a install with not so great hair,,I myself would wait to do it and buy WAY better hair, Sorry to say this cause I know how great it will be to be wearing hair extensions,also there is a lot to learn about doing hair extensions right and its best to maybe if you can afford it to buy the DVD here http://hairweftingtape.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28&products_id=57
and learn to do it right,, And no you cant just cut the meachine weft off and ust tape to hold the hair, you will be shedding like crazy -just being honest, I would not install anything until you really know what your wearing and how to take care of your extensions cause the last thing you want to do is be unhappy with the hair /install, an if you learn all you can you will be able to save a ton of money doing it yourself, well I hope this helps. and really its not about selling you a kit its really about being SUPER happy about your hair install and extensions making you feel beautiful and happy for as long as you wear your hair..
Hope this helps Singer

Hair Wefting Tape.com
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Admin

http://hairweftingtape.com

Back to top Go down

Machine weft seems too bulky for my thin/fine hair... Empty Re: Machine weft seems too bulky for my thin/fine hair...

Post by girlsaidwhat Wed 31 Aug 2011, 1:16 am

Unfortunately, I just can't afford more/better hair right now. My husband has been out of work for two years and it took me months to save up little by little just to be able to afford /this/ hair. I can't just have it be a loss at this point. Sad So I pretty much have to use what I have, or continue wearing hats, which I just can't bear at this point. Too many people have asked if I'm bald or something because they've only seen me in hats! I'm not, but I also don't feel like sharing about the hair loss I experienced.

If I was in a different position, of course I would want better hair, I'd buy your dvd and everything else I could get my hands on to get a perfect result. I'm hoping things will be a little better in 2 months' time and I can do that, but for now I have to make the best of what I have. Sad

girlsaidwhat

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair Wefting Tape.com Wed 31 Aug 2011, 2:46 pm

Hi Girlsaidwhat
I am sorry about your situation and if you could please email me at info@hairweftingtape.com -- maybe I can help you out the best I can.
Colette
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Admin

http://hairweftingtape.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down