( www.hairweftingtapeforum.com )
Hello and Welcome - Please feel free to join and ask any questions, We are more than happy to help!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello and Welcome - Please feel free to join and ask any questions, We are more than happy to help!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to get tape residue off extenions?

2 posters

Go down

how to get tape residue off extenions? Empty how to get tape residue off extenions?

Post by ap0320 Wed 02 Mar 2011, 8:24 pm

i just took them out and i am trying to clean them but everything im trying isnt working! the sticky tape/glue is stuck on them!

ap0320

Back to top Go down

how to get tape residue off extenions? Empty Re: how to get tape residue off extenions?

Post by Hair Wefting Tape.com Wed 02 Mar 2011, 9:00 pm

Hi Amber
Well first off you shouldn't need to take the old tape off.

You can wash your extensions and dry them, by using a clip to hold
them then, trim your old tape off, lay a new piece of tape down add
a little Lg glue then lay your weft/taped hair extension that is trimmed down,
back in the tape fold it- then just re-apply! that's it.

If you want try to take the old tape off you can but there really is no need to and a lot of work,
See if you just trim down the weft the best you can. That's all you need to do every time.
This way your weft will always stay nice and flat.
You can go here to our website that has a link on the main page -its on the left hand side it says Tips- Tricks- or click here go to the bottom of the page where it says HOW TO TRIM DOWN Your weft. This is a bulk hair weft I am trimming but it works the same for wefted
hair.
http://hairweftingtape.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=8&zenid=ec84992a52f926121045deb163cca559

ALSO
If you want to remove any oils from removers just use -a little baking soda and a little shampoo make it equal 1/2 of each mix it together then shampoo your weft / the sticky part and that will clean your extension and your weft, If you still want a NO stick weft at all just get some 99 % alcohol and dab that on the weft that should help your fingers and your weft. but make sure you do the RE-Taping as I told you how above/
Ok Hope this helps
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Admin

http://hairweftingtape.com

Back to top Go down

how to get tape residue off extenions? Empty Re: how to get tape residue off extenions?

Post by ap0320 Wed 02 Mar 2011, 9:55 pm

haha! ughhh i just used 99% alcohol and shampoo..i wash each individual weft!!! that took forever! so funny i didnt even have to! can they air dry or should i dry them with a hair dryer?

ap0320

Back to top Go down

Post by Hair Wefting Tape.com Wed 02 Mar 2011, 10:04 pm

Well lol do you mean the hair extensions ? you can do what ever you like for drying but yes doing a take down is very time consuming and this is why you only want to do it when you really have to and have the time, also you always want to go VERY SLOW when doing your take downs. This way you will always have beautiful long hair and to ensure hair growth.

I have been doing this method for many years and my hair is growing for the first time in YEARS, so I am very happy I love taped in extensions anyways -Its is a learning curve when you first start out, then once you know all there is to know about it.
YOU will be a pro in no time!, Moving very fast at cleaning and trimming Ect.. Good luck Amber how to get tape residue off extenions? 675259
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Hair Wefting Tape.com
Admin

http://hairweftingtape.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ap0320 Wed 02 Mar 2011, 10:08 pm

yes, i have realized this is major trial and error! thanks for the help!

ap0320

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down